ACS is on the hunt for members who can represent Australia’s peak body for IT professionals on the board of Standards Australia’s new Innovation Management committee.
Technical Committee MB-279 will mirror the work of International Standards Organisation (ISO) TC 279 in developing standards for the terminology, tools, methods, and interaction that drives innovation.
Greater support for innovation was outlined in the CSIRO’s recent Australian National Outlook as a key area of cultural development.
Members of the MB-279 Innovation Management Committee will help develop standards by which Australian organisations can successfully construct and maintain innovative partnerships.
The committee membership term is two years.
Successful applicants must be ACS members and meet the following selection criteria:
- Expertise: Is actively engaged in the profession and/or professional practice of ICT and has relevant qualifications and/or prior learning
- Networks and Spheres of Influence: Has relevant industry connections
- Accountable: Can deliver committee objectives & measures and can provide written reports detailing key outcomes
- Commitment and Passion: Can dedicate the time for meetings and thinking, has a passion for the ICT industry and is aligned to ACS’ Vision and Strategy, is prepared to join the ACS if not already a member and has no conflicts of interest
- Leadership Capabilities: Is resilient, flexible, a strong communicator both written and verbal, is a strategic thinker and is influential.
To apply for the position, send your expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- The name of the role you're applying for.
- Up to 500 words addressing the selection criteria, the contribution you can make, and why you’re interested.
- An up-to-date CV covering previous experience.
Expressions of interest must be received by the close of business on 27 August 2019.