- IFIP President Mike Hinchey has been elected as head of the Irish Computer Society (ICS), in addition to his existing role. He has previously served as Vice President and Treasurer of the ICS. The move comes two months after he was re-elected as IFIP President for a second three-year term.
- The 24th IFIP World Computer Congress (WCC) ran in Poznan Poland last year. The event coincided with the 70th anniversary of Polish Computer Science.
- PhD student at the Computer Science Graduate Program of the University of Costa Rice was granted by the IFIP Digital Equity Committee to attend the WCC in Poznan.
- The National IT Conference, run by the Computer Society of Sri Lanka (CSSL), has successfully concluded for the 36th consecutive year. His Excellency the President Maithripala Sirisena was the Chief Guest of the event.
- The European Conference on Service-Oriented and Cloud Computing (ESOCC) has been held for another year. This year, a special focus was given to service and cloud computing in the era of virtualisation and business process management in the cloud.
ICT news from around the world.
Copyright © Information Age, ACS