Getting involved with peak industry bodies is one of the best ways to improve your career trajectory.
IFIP (the International Federation for Information Processing) has over 500,000 members and represents IT societies from around the world.
Currently, ACS is keen on adding new representatives to the following Technical Committees:
- TC2 Software Theory & Practice
- TC8 Information Systems
- TC9 ICT Society
- TC12 Artificial Intelligence
- TC14 Entertainment Computing
Technical Committees bring together international IT professionals and researchers to promote the sharing of knowledge and development of the IT profession.
Standards Australia represents the country on the International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO) and is a leader of standards development in Australia.
Opportunities are available for ACS members to join the following committees with Standards Australia:
- IT-006 Industrial Process Measurement, Control & Management
- IT-015 Software & System Engineering
- IT-019 Information & Documentation, Information Technology – Learning, Education, Training and Research
- IT-021 Records & Document Management
- IT-030 IT Governance
- IT-038 Cloud Computing & Distributed Platforms
- IT-042 Internet of Things & Related Technologies
- JTC1 Joint Technical Committee – Strategic Advisory
- MB-012 Project, Programme and Portfolio Management
- OB-007 Risk Management
Successful applicants must be ACS members and meet the following selection criteria:
- Expertise: Is actively engaged in the profession and/or professional practice of ICT and has relevant qualifications and/or prior learning
- Networks and Spheres of Influence: Has relevant industry connections
- Accountable: Can deliver committee objectives & measures and can provide written reports detailing key outcomes
- Commitment and Passion: Can dedicate the time for meetings and thinking, has a passion for the ICT industry and is aligned to ACS’ Vision and Strategy, is prepared to join the ACS if not already a member and has no conflicts of interest
- Leadership Capabilities: Is resilient, flexible, a strong communicator both written and verbal, is a strategic thinker and is influential.
To apply for the position, send your expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
1. The name of the role you're applying for
2. Up to 500 words addressing the selection criteria, the contribution you can make, and why you’re interested
3. An up-to-date CV covering previous experience
4. A completed and signed conflicts of interest declaration form
5. A completed and signed confidentiality agreement form
Expressions of interest must be received by the close of business on 28 November 2019.