If you have a keen interest and wide IT knowledge base, you should consider joining one of ACS’ Technical Advisory Board committees.
Committees help work out policy positions that influence professional and governmental decisions and are a chance to immerse yourself in the emerging future of cutting-edge technology.
Committees have previously contributed to world-first research like the Privacy-Preserving Data Sharing Frameworks report that will be instrumental to maintaining privacy in an increasingly data-driven world.
ACS is seeking expressions of interest for Technical Advisory Committees in the following topics:
- Artificial Intelligence Ethics
- Data Sharing
- Internet of Things
Terms will run until 31 December 2020.
Successful applicants must be ACS members and meet the following selection criteria:
- Expertise: Is actively engaged in the profession and/or professional practice of ICT and has relevant qualifications and/or prior learning
- Networks and Spheres of Influence: Has relevant industry connections
- Accountable: Can deliver committee objectives & measures and can provide written reports detailing key outcomes
- Commitment and Passion: Can dedicate the time for meetings and thinking, has a passion for the ICT industry and is aligned to ACS’ Vision and Strategy, is prepared to join the ACS if not already a member and has no conflicts of interest
- Leadership Capabilities: Is resilient, flexible, a strong communicator both written and verbal, is a strategic thinker and is influential.
To apply for the position, send your expression of interest to email@example.com and include the following:
1. The name of the role you're applying for
2. Up to 500 words addressing the selection criteria, the contribution you can make, and why you’re interested
3. An up-to-date CV covering previous experience
4. A completed and signed conflicts of interest declaration form
5. A completed and signed confidentiality agreement form
Expressions of interest must be received by the close of business on 31 March 2020.