With less than a month until the closing date, ACS is calling for final nominations for the 2022 Digital Disruptors Awards.
The awards recognise exemplary leaders, innovators, and disruptors from across Australia’s ICT sector. The ACS Digital Disruptors Awards highlight the depth of talent in the nation's technology industry.
Celebrating the achievements of the sector's leaders, the Awards shine the spotlight on individual ICT professionals and ICT skills and service transformation teams across 13 award categories.
Previous years' winners and finalists have found the awards pivotal in providing opportunities. David Rudduck, Founder and Managing Director, Insane Technologies and past winner said “I’ve done really well out of winning the award and wouldn’t be where I am without that exposure.
"I would encourage anyone who thinks they are doing something they love and have an interesting story to tell, to throw their hat in the ring.”
A panel of 26 judges, led by Chief Judge, Steve Godbee and Deputy Chief Judge, Karen Gee, will be reviewing every nomination to guide their decisions.
Dedicating the time to craft an outstanding nomination is key for showcasing the nominated individual or team. Some of the judges have shared what they’re looking for in a winning nomination including Chief Judge, Steve Godbee and Lead Judge, Lynn Warneke.
Top tips for writing a winning nomination:
1) Put in the effort to complete detailed and informative responses. Reach out to your peers and mentors to help with references and reviewing your nomination before submission.
2) Define the purpose of your work. Mentioning the reason why you did what you did helps create the story.
3) Write a nomination that inspires the judges Explain how your project/s were transformational and benefitted the business, customers, or the tech industry
4) Include evidence of what you’ve done, how did you do, outcomes and what lasting impacts you’ve delivered
5) The WOW factor – highlight why you and your work deserve to win
Winners and finalists will be celebrated at the Awards Gala, in the evening following the ACS Reimagination Thought Leaders Summit in February 2022.
Nominations for the ACS Digital Disruptors Awards close on Friday 29 October 2021. If you know someone who is an inspiring ICT practitioner or leader, or if you have worked on a disruptive project shaping Australia’s digital future, then nominate for the ACS Digital Disruptors Awards!