As more people look to future-proof their careers with IT skills, Australia’s tech sector will need champions of diversity to keep it inclusive and welcoming for people of all backgrounds and identities.
If you consider yourself one of those champions, consider joining ACS’ National Diversity and Inclusion Council.
As a member of the council, you will work with ACS to provide leadership and strategic advice addressing challenges related to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
This includes providing guidance and support for developing advocacy and policy positions about diversity and inclusion in the ICT sector as well as creating best practice guides for organisations on diversity issues and workforce participation.
Terms will run until 31 December 2021.
Successful applicants must be ACS members and meet the following selection criteria:
- Expertise: Is actively engaged in the profession and/or professional practice of ICT and has relevant qualifications and/or prior learning
- Networks and Spheres of Influence: Has relevant industry connections
- Accountable: Can deliver committee objectives & measures and can provide written reports detailing key outcomes
- Commitment and Passion: Can dedicate the time for meetings and thinking, has a passion for the ICT industry and is aligned to ACS’ Vision and Strategy, is prepared to join the ACS if not already a member and has no conflicts of interest
- Leadership Capabilities: Is resilient, flexible, a strong communicator both written and verbal, is a strategic thinker and is influential.
To apply for the position, send your expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
1. The name of the role you're applying for
2. Up to 500 words addressing the selection criteria, the contribution you can make, and why you’re interested
3. An up-to-date CV covering previous experience
4. A completed and signed conflicts of interest declaration form
5. A completed and signed confidentiality agreement form
Expressions of interest must be received by the close of business on 29 May 2020.